Saturday, November 2, 2013

There's No Convincing Rose!.

We had quite a bit of mail every day this week.  Our friendly postal worker, Rose, was convinced that it's because our church celebrates Halloween.  I made the mistake of commenting on the excessive amount of mail, and her first comment was,
"It's because y'all celebrate Halloween!" 
"The church doesn't celebrate Halloween, Rose - some of the people do." 
"Yeah, all these people sendin' Halloween packages to their missionaries, and they're all church people!"

I decided not to argue, but Rose went on...
"I know!  I know!  I'm not supposed to judge!  And I'm not judgin', but I'm judgin' in my mind!  I know it's not my place to judge, but I just can't help it.  Y'all know what Halloween is, don't ya?  It's celebrating the devil!  I don't celebrate Halloween!  No, M'am!  I don't!"

Yeah - we heard it from Rose every day till after Halloween had passed.  Whew!  Glad that's over!

No comments:

Post a Comment