Sunday, January 12, 2014

Thank Goodness for Cans O' Beans!!!

We invited the 3 APS to dinner this Sunday, along with the standard, Irmo Elders, but they said they wouldn't be able to make it.  When I realized it would just be two missionaries and us, I decided to "take the day off" and just heat up the Buckaroo Beans that were left from the Chili Cook-off last night.

When we got to the car this afternoon after church, Jack had to run back in because he'd left his scriptures.  When he came out and got in the car, he said, "I'm going to be in big trouble."  What?  "I ran into the APs and told them we were sorry they couldn't make it to dinner, but their schedule has changed, and they're coming."  Holy cow!!!  I didn't know what I was going to do!  There was plenty of soup left for four of us, and that, along with Amy's cornbread would make a great meal.  But SEVEN of us?  And the three APs are BIG guys!  One of them is an all-state football player and wrestling champ!

Had to do some magic...and Elder Arrington had to help!  Luckily, I had a couple cans of black beans and a can of pinto beans in the pantry - also a can of diced tomatoes.  Extra onion, green pepper, spices and 1 1/2 lbs. of ground beef later and we were in business.  I made up the new soup, dumped it in with the old and heated it in the slow cooker set on high.  Made up a full recipe of Amy's cornbread, which they all loved.  It all turned out great!  No need to panic! Whew!

Five well-fed Elders!  Love 'em all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment