Monday, February 17, 2014

Should have set the table with a hammer and chisel!

I made my recipe for "Pink Velvet Company Pie" on Sunday, but I made it with lemon jello, which I like better than "pink."  I didn't want to run to the store for a ready-made crust on Saturday night, and I had graham crackers, so I made my own crust.  I've made LOTS of home-made graham cracker crusts, but I've never had one turn out like this one!  2 cups of graham cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of butter I think I used.  I pressed it really, really hard into the glass pan.  I didn't want it to crumble and fall apart when I cut it.  I baked it at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, let it cook and piled the fluff inside.  Yum!

I noticed that it was kind of hard to cut, when I was serving it, but I didn't know how hard it was till I looked over at Sister Law, who was using both hands to cut into her piece of pie!  That crust was hard as a rock!  It was delicious, but next time I won't press it into the pan so hard - either that, or I'll serve it with hammers and chisels!  Hahaha
Seriously?!?  That was One Hard Crust!!!  In fact, two of the four Sisters opted to take their pie home and eat it later.
 I don't know if they were too full to eat it, or just didn't have the energy.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment