Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Transfer Day - only 4 to go...

It seems like transfers comes around every three weeks, rather than every six!  The time is going so quickly!  This one was a little different.  The incoming missionaries didn't introduce themselves. They stood as they were introduced.  One of the APs (Elder Willie as I recall) told who they were and where they were from.

Then the departing missionaries each spoke briefly, bearing their testimonies and talking a bit about their missions.  I jotted down a few thoughts...

Sister Derrick -  I'm thankful for the opportunity to serve.  The work is amazing.  God's goal is to have all His children return to Him.

Sister Miller - I didn't want to open my flight information.  It was the best 18 months of my life.  I loved seeing the change the Gospel brought into people's lives.

Sister Rogers - I'm a finisher!  I know that God knows me and this mission was tailor-made for me!

Sister Roundy - I'm thankful for this time to serve and see change in people.  Change is good.  Don't be afraid of your potential.  Testify to the enabling power of the atonement.  The worst it's ever been is wonderful.

Sister Mumford - When I came out, I thought I was making a big sacrifice.  It's not a sacrifice at all!  I am blessed to have been a part of it!

Sister Winsor - Love is the motivator!  Change is necessary and good.

Sister Boyson - I'm fixin' to leave. :o)  I'm excited to go home and move on, but kiss the ground, for it is heaven.  Christ is my Savior and friend.  I need the atonement!

Sister Willis - The measure of success is intent, effort and commitment.  It wouldn't be wonderful if it wasn't hard.  I'm thankful for the struggles.

Elder Davis - I'm grateful for the changes people made.  "What we see around us is what we seek in life."  Elder Oaks

Elder Potts - My mission changed my life.  The people of South Carolina impacted me!

Elder Harris - I'm grateful for the people I met on my mission.  My mission will always be a part of my life!

Elder Call - I have a simple testimony.  Two years is nothing!  I did my best and gave God my all. I'm thankful for the opportunity to serve.  I loved seeing the families come into the church.  So many of them came to SC for work.  Little did they know that they came here to hear the Gospel.

Sister Law and Sister Patterson sang "I Feel My Savior's Love."  Beautiful!

President Turner - The Lord is in charge of this mission.  No time is that more evident than at transfers.  Inspiration comes, and it comes with clarity.  Do not give me any credit.  And do not blame me.  :o)  Heavenly Father has a grand plan and He has an individual plan for each one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment