Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sometimes I get discouraged...

After watching two days of General Conference, I'm sad to see it come to an end.  The final talk of conference this afternoon was by Elder Bednar's.  He spoke to people who are not members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  He told them WHY we as members keep inviting them to hear the gospel message.

1 - We follow the counsel of Jesus in the scriptures when He said, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you; and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.  Amen.

2 - We know how the blessings of the Gospel have enriched our own lives and want to share them with those we love.

It seems like I've been inviting and inviting and testifying and nobody is interested.


It's kind of like cooking for days to prepare a banquet for those you love, but nobody shows up - or if they do show up, they refuse to eat.  They won't even TASTE a bite to see if they like what you made for them.


Maybe there are some who are influenced by what I write, or what I post on FaceBook.  Maybe I'll never know.  It does get discouraging, but I'll keep sharing.  I HAVE to share that which is most precious to me.  I HAVE to share with the friends and family members I love because I want them to feel the joy that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has brought into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment