Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Hey Dummy!

President Turner asked me to alphabetize his interview book.  All the missionarie' interview sheets had been organized into the six zones.  I pulled out a couple of zones and tried laying each sheet in a pile according to the last name.  I could see that that wasn't going to work!  Not enough space on the table for 26 piles!!!  Next, I decided to put them in the book one at a time, according to the first letter of the last name.  Too many openings and shuttings of the binder.  Hmmm.  Then, it HIT me!  I seriously felt as if the Spirit whispered in my ear, "Hey dummy!  You have an alphabetizer file that you use for the mail.  Go get it!  It will make your job simple!"  Not sure the Holy Ghost would actually say that to me, But I felt like a dummy.  Why couldn't I have thought of that in the first place?  Why? Because I'm OLD!  That's why!  This was one of the many, many times I have felt the Spirit guide me in my work at the mission office.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment