Friday, August 8, 2014

Small, Small World!

A member from Idaho called the office today with two referrals.  He and his daughter had met a couple of girls from SC at a National History High School Competition in DC. The girls expressed some interest in the church, so the family in ID is sending them each care packages that will be delivered by the missionaries in their area.  As he finished telling me his story, I commented on his last name - Landrum.

Me:  I knew a Landrum in UT, but you're in ID, right?
Bro. Landrum:  What was his name?
Me:  Mike Landrum
Bro. Landrum:  I'm Mike!  Arrington...you don't happen to be related to Bryan Arrington, do you?
Me:  Yep - I'm his mom.

Small, small world!  Mike Landrum used to live in Plain City and was good friends with Bryan.  He played basketball in the mornings at the church gym with Bryan and our Mike.  It was great fun talking with him about his and his daughter's missionary experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment