Friday, July 4, 2014

Vision of the South

This quote is in the back of the Orientation Handbooks I put together for the new missionaries.  We can see Elder Featherstone's vision coming to pass.  :o)

"This is the vision I have for the South.  I believe one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together.  There are hosts of marvelous Baptists, member of the Church of Christ, Methodists and Catholics, who are honorable people and have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and love Him.  As they see their church veering off to the right or the left of those basic teachings, they will begin to search for truth.  And as pivotal teachers come into the church and have influence, we will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, and thousands, tens-of-thousands, in your day will see a mission members of the church in the South.  There will be Temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people."

I remembered reading this quote when I pulled up a self-referral from a man in Boiling Springs this morning.  In his comments, he said, "I have been raised Baptist my entire life."  He was requesting a copy of the Book of Mormon.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment