Sunday, July 13, 2014

SCCM Standing Quotes

It is a tradition in our mission, that whenever there is a gathering of missionaries – Zone Conferences, Leadership Training, Sister Specialized Training, or Transfers, for example –  everyone stands and recites what they call The Standing Quotes.  The standing quotes include the following:

“Invite other to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored Gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end.”  My purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ.  My purpose is to baptize and confirm!

“The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.”

Joseph Smith Junior:  “I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun which descended gradually until it fell upon me.  When the light rested upon me, I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air.  One of them spake unto me, calling me by name, and said, pointing to the other – This is My Beloved Son.  Hear Him!”

D&C Section 4 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.  Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve Him with all your heart, might mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.  Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God, ye are called to the work; For behold, the field is white, already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul; and faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.  Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.  Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.  Amen.

At the end they repeat the mission motto… I LOVE tough things!  I’m the first to do tough things!  I do tough things first!  I’m a finisher!  I LOVE being a missionary!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment