Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sacrifice Brings Blessings

President Holm told us last week that he and Sister Holm had missed the baptism of a grandson recently. But, he said that one of the General Authorities told them that every time they miss a baptism or a baby blessing or any special event in the life of a family member, it is a testimony to their family of the importance of their calling and their service to the Lord.

I know that our kids and grandkids KNOW there is no way on earth we'd leave them, and my dad and come clear across the country to serve for 18 months unless we KNEW that this is the Lord's work.  He LIVES and He is at the helm.  We are part of the Hastening of His work.  We are helping to bring souls unto Christ by what we do every day at the mission office - supporting the young missionaries who go out and teach and share the gospel message to those who are prepared to receive it at this time.

We love this work and we love the Lord, Jesus Christ.  Without Him, we are nothing!

My hope is that our friends and family members who are not yet members of His church, will get a feel for what is going on and have a desire to know for themselves that this church is the Church of Jesus Christ that He, Himself, has restored again to the earth.

I have family members on my mom's side who are not members of Christ's church, and family on my dad's side who aren't either.  Many of these are deeply religious people, meaning that they love the Lord with all their hearts!  I hope that some day they will recognize the truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, as taught in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I know that it would be such a blessing in their lives!

I have many friends who aren't members yet.  Some of them are former ESL students, and are just the greatest people!  I hope that they too will someday have the desire to learn for themselves that the Gospel is true and membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints could bring great blessings into their lives.

In the meantime, I will keep hoping and praying and livin' the life of a missionary here in the wonderful state of South Carolina!  I know I am (and we are) where the Lord wants us to be at this time.  I pray that we will be able to accomplish all that He desires of us.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment