Friday, December 20, 2013

NOT in my job description!!!

One of the elders called in a media order yesterday. When he finished, this conversation ensued:
Elder: One more thing. I wonder if you could do me a favor.
Me: That depends.
Elder: There's this store in Columbia...Eat More Tees...
Me: could you spell that last word? (I thought he said, "Eat more cheese.)
Elder: Tees -like t-shirts
Me: Okay?
Elder: I wondered if you could go there and pick me up a couple of seersucker, Palmetto ties. I'll pay you for them.
Me: THAT is NOT in my job description!
Elder: (laughing) Aren't we friends?
Me: Don't pull that on me! You're not going to make me feel guilty! And besides, I hate shopping!
Elder: Really?
Me: Yes, really! Lots of women in my family hate shopping! If we happen to be by that store (which ain't gonna happen), I'll think about it. But don't count on it, okay?


Jack's birthday was this week, so we actually did go looking for Eat More Tees.  We must have driven around West Columbia for over 1 1/2 hours and never found it - even using the dang GPS!  It took us to an industrial park area out by the Stadium - took us there three times, from three different directions.  Urgh!  

No comments:

Post a Comment