Sunday, October 20, 2013

We had a great weekend!

Shopping and Scouting
We went shopping at Ft. Jackson Saturday morning, then drove over to Chapin to check out the area.  It's a very small town - nothing like Columbia - or even Irmo.  Elder Arrington just wanted to familiarize himself with the area, since we will soon be visiting less-active families over there.  We also plan to take the Chapin Branch Elders to dinner every once in a while.

Dinner with the Sowells!
I was finally able to meet my long-time FaceBook friend, Tanya Sowell in person!  My sister, Dena, found Tanya several years ago through eBay.  Tanya paints Christmas decorations.  She especially like to paint gourds.  Most of her gourds tell her that they want to be Santas or Snowmen.  She does a beautiful job! She is self-taught.  The first Tanya Sowell ornament I got was a gift from Dena.  It's a WSU penguin painted on a light bulb.  I LOVE her light-bulb ornaments!

I LOVE this little guy!

Tanya and Will took us to dinner last night.  Their daughters, Caitlin and Rachel joined us.  We had a great time getting to know each other.  We went to Jasmine - a Chinese Buffet in northeast Columbia.  Very good food, and excellent company!  I love Tanya and her family!  They are Salt of the Earth kind of people!




Tanya and me.  After 3 years of being FaceBook friends - we finally met.  :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment