Thursday, October 10, 2013

As of October 9, 2013, I OWN Referrals!

When President Holm wants someone to take charge of something, he asks them to "own" it.  As of yesterday, I OWN referrals.  I spent about 30 minutes with Elder Mihlberger today, and he taught me how to assign referrals.  As referrals come inform Salt Lake City, they are sent right to our mission.  I now have access to our user name and password and can get to the list of referrals even on my iPad.  In the list, there is the person's name and address and phone number.  It also tells what kind of referral it is, and there is a space for comments.  It looks like about 60% of the referrals are from the Internet.  Lots are missionary visits, some are member referrals and Visitors' Center referrals.  I've yet to see a Gladys Knight referral.  :o)   From the person's address, we can find what ward or branch he/she would be assigned to and what missionaries are assigned to that ward or branch.  When we're finished figuring out wards and missionaries, we click on finish and a text message is sent to the missionaries so they can call the person to set up an appointment.  I've heard that from the time a person requests a visit, via the internet, until the time .a pair of missionaries shows up at their door, cans be as little as 30 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment