Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Pearl of Great Price!

Last week I got a FB message from my cousin Bill Otis, who lives in Oregon.  He had found an 1878 copy of The Pearl of Great Price at a garage sale, and wanted to know if I was interested in it.  YES!  He mailed it out to me, and it was in the mail when we got back from Utah.  It's in pretty good shape for being 136 years old!  It is a second edition of the book, the first that was printed in Utah.  I will treasure it for three reasons - #1 It is a sacred book of scripture, #2 It is one of the oldest things I posses, #3 It was from my cousin Bill, who is not Mormon yet, but realized that it was something of value and thought I might like to have it.

The Book

The Title Page


Photo of  the Egyptian inscriptions that were found in a mummy case, procured by the church and translated by Joseph Smith.  These writings are part of what is titled The Book of Abraham in the Pearl of Great Price.

No comments:

Post a Comment