Saturday, September 14, 2013

Home Again


Most of the people in our office training group were leaving for their missions after lunch, so we decided we would too.  We packed up and drove straight home (with a Parson's Bakery detour in Bountiful), arriving there about 3:30.  We continued gathering the things we planned to take with us to SC.  At 7:00 or so, Lisa called from the gym.  She needed a ride home, because she wasn't feeling well.  When we got back, our street was lined with cars.  Most of the family had come over to see us one last time before we left.  There was no packing done while the kids were there... But that was okay!  I was so glad we were able to hug them and tell them we loved them one last time.

We pretty much finished packing Thursday night.  In the morning, we stopped at the Boli's to give Gus his birthday card and gift.  Funny story about the card...We ran into Lee's Market to choose and buy a card.  While I was standing there browsing, the inter-com music caught my attention.  The song was James Taylor's "I'm Going to Carolina in My Mind."  How cool was that?

Then we went to the Barbers' to say goodbye.  Justin had gone to work, but he had stayed up to finish the blockheads for us.  The pictures on them were so outdated...now they are current and WONDERFUL!  Hugged all the kids...even little Jed, who usually doesn't like hugs from us.  He had to give us a kiss as well.  Bless his little heart!

Last stop was at Dad's.  He was a little emotional.  I can't let myself go there.   I sure love my Dad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment