Saturday, September 14, 2013

First Leg

We were on I-15 by 10:00.  We drove straight through to Grand Island, NE the first day.  I was running on 3 hours of sleep and Jack on 4.  He drove most of the way, and was okay with it.  Late afternoon, he said he needed me to take over.   I wondered if I could stay awake even for 30 minutes...long enough for him to get a short nap.  Luckily, as soon as I began driving, there were angry black clouds in the distance.  It didn't take long  to reach them!  When I hit that blinding rainstorm,  my adrenalin kicked in.  I was good for the rest of the night!  The rain subsided while I was driving and a beautiful little rainbow appeared.  It was like a message for me.  Psalms 46:10. 

We drove till almost 11 PM, Utah time.  We had called ahead and booked a motel.  When we got there, we did nothing but get ready and go to bed!  I don't think with of us moved all night.  It felt so good to sleep 7 1/2 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment