Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Little Detour in Tennessee

Monday  we left Edmund and drove to Memphis.  we stayed overnight there, after we went to a restaurant for some Memphis Barbecue.  the barbecue was delicious, but the rolls were out of this world!  They were kind of like small baguettes, with a crispy crust.

In the morning, we headed to Knoxville, TN, where we stayed with my nephew, Ryan and his family.  They took us to dinner at a place called Sullivan's.  They know the owners, and I think they must be regulars, because everyone in the place seemed to know them.  The food was amazing...especially the fried corn on the cob!  (It seems that I am obsessed with food,  but that will all change when I start doing all the cooking at the apartment!)

When we got back to their house, Ryan helped us upgrade our GPS system and our iPads and iPhones.  He is an amazing computer geek!  
It was so fun to visit with Ryan and Heather and their two children.  I wish they lived closer to us so we could see them more often.  Well...I guess they live closer now!  They're only about 4-5 hours away!


No comments:

Post a Comment